11/15/11

Homemade Body Scrub : Two Ingredient Recipe

make your own body scrub

This is the time of year, where I start to look for gift ideas I can make for friends, family , and coworkers that they will truly enjoy and won't cost me a fortune at the same time.  Making your own exfoliating body scrubs are a great way to accomplish that.

There are a TON of DIY scrub recipes out there, from lemon scrubs, vanilla, lavender, brown sugar,etc.Some recipes even contain a bit of oil, but I'm pretty sure that no good can come from  a thin coating of oil left on your shower floor,etc.   But also  there is something about the simplicity of just 2 ingredient recipes that I think are the best. The ingredients are already things you have on hand and are quite economical.

So, here it is:

Hand, Foot, & Body Scrub:

Supplies:
Jar/container
Sugar (regular ol' sugar!)
Body wash of your choice or wanna know a great alternative?  Dawn Hand Renewal dish soap w/Oil of Olay (Really, it's great for your skin!).
I used a dollar store White Rain Pomegranate Body wash cause that was what I had on hand.












 1) Pour sugar almost to top of jar/container:















Pour some body wash almost to the top. There is not an exact measurement here. You just want a layer of it for now:












Use a knife to mix the sugar and soap












This is where you decide what consistency you'd like your scrub. Sometimes you need to add more sugar and sometimes you need to add more soap.

 Here's how mine looked:














Screw on the lid, add a cute label and to finish it off, I used some silk flowers that i had and glued a small magnet to the bottom of to put on top of the lid. Done.

Jan's tip:  ( I used a small glass jar that I had saved from recycling, but afterwards realized ,you may want to use a small plastic jar with screw top lid for safety reasons: again, slippery soap + glass jar + shower= disaster)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...