3/29/12

Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza

15 minutes is all it takes to put together this yummy warm dessert! Using a store bought pop open pizza crust (such as Pillsbury) and a few ingredients you already have on hand you can make any moment a yummy one!


I found this recipe here and decided to try it for myself. It was a very tasty experiment.

 There was really only one little change I think I would make next time. I found the streusel layer to be a bit drier then I'd like and felt it needed a bit more shortening/oil to help it clump together just a bit more.  Next time I make, I think I will increase the shortening and/or oil just a little bit. Maybe one Tablespoon of each and see if I want to add another Tablespoon. 
Dessert Pizza

My teenager grabbed a second slice and a glass of milk as he dashed back to watch basketball and loved it. 
Cinnamon Streusel Dessert Pizza
Ingredients:
Pizza dough for 1 pizza (homemade or store bought dough )
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
cinnamon

Streussel Ingredients: 
1/2 cup + 1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup white flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

Icing Ingredients: 
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 12 inch pizza pan with non stick cooking spray.
  • In mixing bowl mix together Streussel Ingredients and blend till well blended and crumbly. Set aside. 
  • Roll out pizza dough onto  prepared pizza pan .
  • Lightly poke pizza dough with a fork allover to keep bubbles from forming when baking.
  • Brush top of pizza with melted butter.
  • Sprinkle Cinnamon, generously all over buttered crust.
  • Sprinkle the streussel mix all over the top of pizza 
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. remove from oven.
  • Mix icing ingredients together, and drizzle over Pizza.
  • Serve.

Cinnamon Struessel Dessert Pizza















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...