7/4/21

Fruit Salad with Gingerale Dressing

 This fresh fruit salad is elevated up a notch with a homemade Ginger syrup dressing that has hints of lime and honey, to make any occasion special when you serve it.


Fruit Salad with Ginger dressing


Several times a year I stop to make homemade ginger syrup to store in my fridge. It makes homemade Gingerale or a lovely hot ginger tea for soothing nausea. It also works beautifully on this fruit salad, which I try to use whenever I have a batch ready,  but I will also share my quick store bought version for this fruit salad  when I don't have time to make a syrup batch.

Homemade gingerale concentrate

This fruit salad can be made with any combinations of fruits. Peaches are a week or two away from pick your own season here, so I don't have any to add ,but they would be amazing in this! I used what I had in the fridge: Fresh Pineapple, Strawberries, Green Grapes, Blueberries. Feel free to play with it!



Let's get making this recipe!


Fruit Salad with Gingerale Dressing

Serves 6-8 

Ingredients:

  • 1 fresh pineapple peeled ,, cored and diced. (I buy it peeled & cored from the produce section)
  • 1 qt. strawberries, halved
  • 1 1/2 cups green grapes halved
  • 1 - 1/4 cups blueberries
  • any other fruits you want; bananas, peaches, kiwi, orange slices
  • Optional : mint leaves

Ginger Dressing: 
If not making my homemade Ginger syrup from scratch, here is my go to  quick dressing:

  • 1/3 cup Quick  Gingerale 
  • 2 Tablespoons Honey 
  • 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice

Directions:
  1. In large serving bowl wth a airtight lid, mix together the prepared fruit. Set aside.
  2. In small bowl mix together the gingerale, honey and lime juice., whisk till blended well. 
  3. Pour syrup over the fruit and stir gently to cover fruit.
  4. Sprinkle with mint leaves if using them.
  5. Store in fridge for at least 1 hour till serving time.




Fruit Salad with Gingerale syrup




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...