1/30/22

Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili

 Sweet Potatoes, Black Beans, and a traditional Chili flavor combine into a soup that will warm you from the inside out.


Chili Recipe


I am on a health journey, not to make any drastic changes that I can't keep up with forever, but to simply start making a turn to eating a more plants and whole grains diet with certain meats sparingly.  My meat & Potatoes loving husband is on board if I am willing to compromise on occasion for him.  To that end. I added Turkey Sausage to this version. He was quite skeptical before he tasted it, but he actually loved it! 

Chili Recipe


I will for sure make this version every few times we make chili!, actually I am thinking of making another batch and store in individual serving containers for the freezer . I work from home now, and lunches has been my biggest issue of healthier eating. I need it fast and don't want to hunt around. So if I have this soup ready to heat and eat ,I think I'll be more successful.


Let's get this Soup going!


Printable copy

Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili

serves 8-10

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
  • 1 can (15 oz) black beans, ,drained and rinsed
  • 2 cups (16 oz) of chicken stock
  • 2 cans (16 oz) chili seasoned tomatoes 
  • 1  medium onion diced small
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • Optional : 1 lb. turkey sausage or Soy crumbles (cooked, drained & crumbled) 


Directions:

  1. Cook and crumble any sausage (if using ) and set aside.
  2. In large soup pot (or crock pot set to low) add all ingredients, stir to combined.
  3. cook on medium low heat for 1 hour, and then switch to warm/ simmer till serving.
  4. if cooking in slow cooker, cook on low 4 hours, or until sweet potatoes are tender. 
  5. Serve Warm. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...