1/1/12

Non-Caffeinated Russian "Tea"

Non-caffeinated Friendship tea

Russian Tea also known as Friendship Tea or Orange Spice Tea, is most commonly made by adding instant tea to the recipe. If you are like me and do not drink caffeine or want an option for your family for a warm drink other than Hot Chocolate and are trying to avoid caffeine this recipe is for you.

I also like to give it as a gift to a sick friend or co-worker. It is soothing and also without the caffeine will help them relax and rest.

This recipe will make enough Russian "Tea"  to give one to a friend and to keep one for yourself!

Non-Caffeinated Russian "Tea"

Ingredients:

1 16-18 oz. Container of powdered orange drink mix (Tang)
1/2 cup presweetened powdered lemonade mix
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Mix Well.

Pour approx. half of the the mixture, back into the empty tang container and remainder in an airtight container or ziplock baggie:
this is a double batch

Remove label from tang container and attach a cute handmade label.with the following instructions:
Mix 2-3 teaspoons Russian "Tea" with one cup hot water.

 Before I could even finish the project, my daughter took one bag from the picture above, put it in a cute Chinese food take out style container and gave it away as a Christmas gift, and my  son & daughter- in- law took the other with them on a ski vacation. So that left me with the remaining two containers to label. (I sent both containers along with the both kids back to college with them so I still need to make a batch for me!)

http://clairejustineoxox.blogspot.com/

http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...