1/13/12

Repurposed Sweater Wreath


Less than a dollar Valentine Wreath from repurposing an old sweater and coffee filters

Being on a tight budget these days, most of us do not have a lot of extra money to decorate for holidays.  I wanted to find a way to make a Valentines wreath by spending almost no money. Here's what I came up with.  
I had a styrofoam wreath from the dollar store on hand.  My daughter had cut the sleeves off of a sweater her dad was about to send to the donation bin, to make cute leg warmers.  I decided to repurpose the rest of the sweater and cut four long 1 -1 1/2 inch strips from the back of the sweater from the waist up to the neck and used these to wrap around the styrofoam wreath.  Since I was working without a plan, I didn't hot glue the strips down, but used sewing pins to secure the sweater, but hot gluing the ends of the strips to the wreath would secure it as well.

I then used coffee filters ( I don't drink coffee so got a few from a friend) to make DIY Watercolor Roses. I hot glued 3 roses to one bottom side of the wreath and using a few scraps of ribbon on hand, hot glued in a few ribbon loops as well to finish it off.  
Featured at:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...