7/6/12

Raspberry Nachos

Sugar Free recipe

A wonderfully light, fruity & creamy dip that can be made with raspberries or strawberries with baked cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips is a perfect sweet treat for your next gathering such as a bridal shower, book club or any time!

The dip is very good, but serving it with the cinnamon sugar chips really  puts the whole dish over the top! I can't imagine serving it with anything else!   My daughter-in-law gave me this recipe in a cookbook for Christmas.  I am very glad she did! I decreased the jello powder by half, as I felt it didn't need quite that much. (I included both amounts in recipe below for you!)

Jan's tip: I lightened up my recipe by using fat free cream cheese, sugar free jello, sugar free whip cream and made the tortilla chips with Splenda and whole wheat tortillas.  I can promise you, no one will ever know I lightened it up!

party dips

Raspberry (or Strawberry) Nachos
Dip Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream cheese, softened
4 Tablespoons raspberry (or strawberry) Jello Powder (original recipe called for 8 Tablespoons)
1 Cup. Cool whip
1/2 C. fresh or frozen raspberries or strawberries (dice the strawberries)

Dip Directions:
Mix cream cheese and jello powder til well blended.  Add in the cool whip and fruit.  It should be thick.  If desired thin with 1 tsp. milk.(If you are using frozen fruit, then the juice will make the dip thinner.)


Jan's tip:  I used 1/2 cup. diced frozen strawberries. I folded the strawberries in frozen and as they thawed, they thinned the dip for me just right.  If I had used fresh, I would for sure have thinned it with milk just a bit to make it easier to dip the chips.



Chips Ingredients:
tortillas
butter/margarine/non stick spray
sugar/splenda
cinnamon

Chip Directions:
Butter or spray the tortillas with non stick spray.  Spinkle with sugar or splenda and then with cinnamon.  Cut into 8 pieces (like a pie).  bake at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes until the chips start to turn brown.  Use the chips to eat the delicious dip.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...