1/27/15

Crock Pot Kielbasa, Potatoes with Green beans

This simple dinner is one of my husbands favorites, and I love how easy it is to toss together in the morning before I dash out the door!

I had one of those moments where I realized I make this recipe a LOT but I have never shared it with you! So here is one of our go to recipes year round.  The flavors are simple, the ingredients are few, but it just seems to hit the spot!

I also love that you can increase the quantity of ingredients based on your family size!

Jan's Tip: Since I am gone for long hours during the day and the only part of this recipe that actually needs to cook is the potaotes, I set my crock pot to warm instead of low. It is just the right amount of heat all day to cook the potatoes to perfection without over cooking them or under cooking them. 

Printable Copy

Kielbasa, Potatoes with Green Beans:
approx. 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 Kielbasa cut into 1 inch slices
4 potatoes peeled and diced into bite sized pieces (ok I really don't peel mine!)
1 can green beans drained
1 packet italian seasoning dressing mix (such as Good Seasons packet)
4 pats of butter (about 1 tablespoon each)
1/2 cup water


Directions:
Layer diced potatoes in bottom of crock pot.
Add water
Layer green beans and kielbasa on top of potatoes
sprinkle the seasoning packet over the top of all the ingredients
place the butter pats across the top of the layered ingredients.

Cook on high 3 hours, low 5 hours or on warm for 6 or more hours.

Use a slotted spoon when serving, to drain off the liquid.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...