7/22/15

Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches


Grilled Chicken


These delicious sandwiches will have your family and friends raving at your next cook out! They are a crowd pleasing twist on traditional chicken on the grill, yet so easy to make!



I happen to like  a more "sturdy" bun than traditional hamburger buns, I think they hold up better to the grilled chicken. So grab a good quality bun for this one!

Jan's Tip: Today I used thicker slices of leftover ham from a Sunday Dinner,but I also use and pile on thin slices of store bought deli ham from the sandwich meats section of the store! 


I love to add in fun topping options too, such as grilled pineapple slices and green peppers, to give it a more "Hawaiian" flare if my guests wish!




Grilling pineapple slices brings out there sweetness! I love doing  a platter of these for cookouts so my guests can either top their sandwiches or eat it as a side dish!

Jan's Secret: Shhh! I usually turn my buns into grilled garlic bread buns when I cook out! I butter both the bottom and top bun and sprinkle on my garlic bread seasoning (a mix of parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, and italian seasoning) then put it butter side down on the grill till toasty.



Lets' get started!

Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches

Ingredients
Makes 4 sandwiches:

  1. 4 Buns (good Quality)
  2. 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
  3. 12 thin sliced deli ham slices (or 4 thicker sliced ham like I used today)
  4. 4 slices Swiss cheese slices
  5. Optional toppings: Pineapple,peppers, mushrooms, onions, Mayo, etc.


Directions:


  • Grill chicken on medium high heat till cooked through. (approximately 5-8 minutes per side)
  • Pull cooked chicken to top rack of grill away from heat while finishing sandwich.
  • Grill buns if desired.
  • If using thicker ham slices you may want to put them on the grill directly for 1 min. per side to warm.
  • Pile 3 slices of thin ham slices or 1 thick slice on top of grilled chicken.
  • Place 1 slice swiss cheese on top of ham.
  • Place grilled chicken w/ ham and cheese on bottom buns
  • Top as desired with optional toppings.
  • Serve warm.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...