9/9/15

Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash

If you are on facebook then you probably get quite  a few recipes on your page, (including mine!). Today I tried one that I had been saving and meaning to try for awhile. Slow Cooker Hamburger Hash.
Crock Pot Recipes

I tried it and the family loved it. Although I have to say mine had a TON of liquid in it, so for serving I used a slotted spoon. I am not sure if it was supposed to have that much in it, the recipe doesn't say.

Jan's Confession" I did do a no-no. I didn't follow the recipe exactly on the first try! (I know I should!) but a friend of ours was sweet enough to share some potatoes and onions fresh from her garden, so I used them instead of frozen has browns.

 I did leave out the cheese, and then added that to each bowl on top as I served it. The flavor was good, like stroganoff really, but I think I need to play with the recipe a bit and figure out how to cook it all down without all the extra liquid.. It's worth playing with though, as my family loved it.

Here is the original recipe directly from Longest Bob's facebook page along with a link to his page.


Longest Bob's Facebook Recipe

****SLOW-COOKER HAMBURGER HASH*****
3 pounds lean ground beef
1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup with beef stock...
3/4 cup water
1 bag (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes with onions and peppers, thawed
4 medium carrots, diced (2 cups)
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook beef in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
2. Mix tomato puree and mushroom soup in medium bowl. Stir in onion soup and water.
3. Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Reserve 1 cup of the potatoes. Gently mix beef, remaining potatoes, carrots, salt and soup mixture in cooker. Sprinkle with reserved 1 cup potatoes the add cheese.
4. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until vegetables are tender. Hash will hold on low heat setting up to 2 hours.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...