9/16/15

Spicy Mexican Restaurant Beans

Love the taste of Restaurant style spicy beans,but not refried beans? Today I'll share with you how I make mine in just a few minutes.

Starting with a can of chili seasoned beans, you can add a dash of heat and they'll add flair to any main dish. My last post was for my quick chicken fajitas, which I often serve with these beans.


Spicy Mexican Beans
Serves 4

1 (15 oz) can chili seasoned beans
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Texas Pete)
1/8 teaspoon garlic granules
1/8  cup water or chicken broth

Directions:


  • Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl.
  • Pour chili seasoned beans into strainer and let some of the chili sauce drain off into a container, but not all.


Jan's Tip: you can actually use all the sauce but I prefer not to, I am not making chili here.


  • Leave some sauce on the beans (don't rinse the sauce off, you still want all that flavor)
  • Pour beans into small sauce pan over medium heat.
  • Add remaining ingredients.
  • If you think you want more sauce back on the beans, add some of the drained off chili sauce 1 Tablespoon at a time  as desired.
  • Heat through till bubbling.
  • Serve warm.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...