12/14/15

Garlic Bread Seasoning


Here at Tip Garden we share ideas for making life easier. In the kitchen it is about making mixes, and shortcuts that save time and money. Here is one of my favorites:
Parmesan seasoning
Ok, this may seem like  just a simple little recipe, but hands down it is my biggest held secret recipe! I have many people tell me I should sell it!  I make this as a "gift from the kitchen" for my friends and on the label, it says to bring their empty jar back and I'll refill it. AND THEY DO!  all the time!

I have family members request for me to ship it to them every year for Christmas.
This is not just for garlic bread folks! It is delish on everything. My son uses it on every sandwich he makes (ok maybe not peanut butter)  My little nephew uses it more than ketchup! He sprinkles this on all his food, I can not keep him stocked enough, so I had to give the recipe away to my sister in law.

It is good on chicken, pasta, pizza, sandwiches, and on and on.

In fact I use it so much I've had a hard time writing up some recipes on this very blog and still keep it a secret recipe!

I have tweaked and worked on this recipe for several years at least till my family thought it was just right.
I urge you to make it, and then give little jars of it as gifts. You will soon find yourself just making a whole big grated parmesan container full of it, I promise you'll go through it faster than you think!

Let me pre-answer a few questions you may ask:


  •  The cheese: It's the kind in the container with the green lid you shake on your pizza's.
  • No I don't recommend substituting garlic salt.... too salty. Use garlic powder/granulated garlic
  •  It's easier just to buy the preblended Italian Seasoning, but yes, you can play around with the oregano, basil, etc. individually if you'd like. I have no idea how much of each though.
  • No, you do not need to refrigerate it. It may last longer if you do, but it never sticks around my house enough to have this issue!


On to the secret recipe:  (Don't come back and tell me I didn't warn you how amazing this stuff is!)

Garlic Bread Seasoning:

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Powdered/grated Parmesan or Parmesan/Regianno blended cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
4-5 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning.

Directions:
Mix all together and store in an airtight container.
To Use:
Bread Sticks:  sprinkle on top of bread stick dough prior to baking.
Garlic Bread: Cut a loaf of french bread in half length wise.In a small bowl  mix 1 1/2 Tablespoons of seasoning with 1/2 cup softened butter. Spread evenly onto both halves of the sliced bread

. Two baking methods:

soft, buttery style:  place both halves back together, wrap loaf in foil and heat  in 375° oven  10 minutes or so till butter is melted. Remove from heat, open foil and slice before serving.

toasty version: Turn oven to broil. place both halves of seasoned bread onto a cookie sheet and bake open face style under a broiler for approx. 2 minutes until golden brown and toasty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...