12/7/15

Homespun Gift Wrapping

I admit, I am not the best at gift wrapping, but I do love to do more of a home spun, from nature, home made style of gift wrapping. Let me share a few of my own tips for how I do it.

First let me state, the most simple gift can be made special just by taking an extra moment to package it very cute! It makes it feel extra special, and adds just the right touch!

Grab a hot glue gun, a pair of scissors, and some good clear tape and lets get started!







First lets choose the wrapping:

I prefer simple wraps: Brown Craft Paper, White Butcher Paper, Simple Reds/Greens, no busy patterns that will take away from the ribbons and extras I'll be adding.

Tags: I make my own with brown kraft paper card stock and a metal tag template.

Ribbons:  I always keep a stash of the following:
Burlap
Jute/Twine
Bakers twine in holiday colors
Simple ribbons and ric rac.
Fun fluffy yarns


Tie Ons/Add ins:

Here is where the creativity really happens. You do not need to spend  a lot or ANY money! Just look around you'll be surprised at what you find you have on hand already

Heres is a few of my favorites:

Snips of every green or holly from the tree's
Gingerbread cookies (or those homemade cinnamon applesauce dough ornaments)
Candy Canes
Pine Cones
Vintage ornaments found at yard sales and tag sales
Dehydrated orange slices combined with cinnamon sticks.
Vintage Buttons and jingle bells.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...