6/8/16

Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa

Pico de Gallo Salsa with it's fresh ingredients is very easy to make! Years ago my kids told me they LOVED my fresh chunky salsa but not so much my canned salsa.

I think having to add in the necessary acidity to home canned salsa was the turn off. I would save up all my garden tomatoes, onions, and peppers, and make a HUGE bowl of it! They have happy memories of that big bowl of garden fresh salsa!

There are many ways to make it, but I am posting mine, so my kids can make "mama's salsa" whenever they want to!


How to make pico de gallo salsa

Printable copy


Pico de Gallo Salsa:

Ingredients:

Tomatoes: Use about 6 large fresh or 1 (28 oz) can petite diced
1 large green pepper diced
1 medium onion diced
1-2 fresh jalepeno peppers. finely diced
1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
2 Tablespoons Lime juice

Directions:
Dice fresh tomatoes or drain well the canned ones.
Pour all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Mix well.
You can eat immediately ,but I like to cover it and store in fridge for an hour or so to help the flavors "marry" together. But if the teenagers get a wind of it, the waiting time does NOT happen!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...