12/7/16

Grandmas Gingersnap Cookies

Gingersnap Cookies Recipe
My cousin shared my Grandmother's Gingersnap recipe with me earlier this year, and I am so excited to make if for the holidays this year! I thought you might enjoy it as well! Don't you just love making the recipes your parents and grandparents made? Handing them down through the generations? It's the simple things that really connect the heart to our ancestors isn't it? I sure miss my grandmother and this recipe just brings back memories of such a wonderful woman who blessed my life.
What recipes has your family handed down?

Grandmas Ginger Snaps





4 cups sifted flour
4t baking soda
1/2t ginger
1t salt
1t cinnamon
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
Measure and sift dry ingredients. Cream sugar, shortening and margarine. Add unbeaten eggs and molasses and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix until a uniform dough forms.
Chill dough overnight.
When ready to bake, form dough into small balls and roll in sugar. Place cookie balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...