11/8/17

Mama T's Garlic-Parmesan Seasoning Mix


Hands down this simple Garlic-Parmesan Seasoning is my most popular gift from the kitchen! It's so much more than a Garlic Bread Seasoning! It is a versatile all purpose seasoning you will find yourself going to for chicken, seafood, to top on sub sandwiches, and well...everything!

It's food gift season, and I am joining in with more than 15 other bloggers to share some great gifts you can make right from your kitchen! So at the end of this post, is a great list of more gifts ideas to tantalize your taste buds!

Garlic Bread Seasoning


Refills keep them coming back! Ok, this may seem like  just a simple little recipe, but hands down it is my biggest held secret recipe! I have many people tell me I should sell it!  I make this as a "gift from the kitchen" for my friends and on the label, it says to bring their empty jar back and I'll refill it. AND THEY DO!  all the time!

I have family members request for me to ship it to them every year for Christmas.
This is not just for garlic bread folks! It is delish on everything. My son uses it on every sandwich he makes (ok maybe not peanut butter)  My little nephew uses it more than ketchup! He sprinkles this on all his food, I can not keep him stocked enough, so I had to give the recipe away to my sister in law.

The Secret I'd been keeping!: This blend was my own personal secret project for years, In fact I use it so much I've had a hard time writing up some recipes on this very blog and still keep it a secret recipe! in 2015, I finally decided to publish it here, as Garlic Bread Seasoning. But it's so much more than that! Since it's so versatile I wanted to republish it under a new name as well as use a recipe card format also to give it a nice polished look!


all purpose garlic and parmesan seasoning mix


Gifting a Jar: I urge you to make it, and then give little jars of it as gifts. Just tuck in an a loaf of bread with it if you like, or just the jar by itself, and keep it simple! Just multiple the recipe by each jar you need, and gift away! It's inexpensive yet so tasty!
Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix


Mama T's Tips (That's me!) :
  •  The cheese: It's the kind in the container with the green lid you shake on your pizza's.
  • No I don't recommend substituting garlic salt.... too salty. Use garlic powder/granulated garlic
  •  It's easier just to buy the preblended Italian Seasoning, but yes, you can play around with the oregano, basil, etc. individually if you'd like. I have no idea how much of each though.
  • No, you do not need to refrigerate it. It may last longer if you do, but it never sticks around my house enough to have this issue!


On to the secret recipe:  (Don't come back and tell me I didn't warn you how amazing this stuff is!):
It's up to you if you make this your own secret recipe too or share it like I did!






print recipe

Mama T's Garlic-Parmesan Seasoning Mix #FoodGifts
An all purpose seasoning mix for Garlic Bread, Chicken, Seafood, Sandwiches and more. A great gift from the Kitchen!
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup Powdered/grated Parmesan or Parmesan/Regianno blended cheese
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
  • 4-5 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
Instructions
Mix all together and store in an airtight container.
Use to season on sub sandwiches, or a coating on chicken, or seafood.

To Use for Garlic Bread:
Bread Sticks: sprinkle on top of bread stick dough prior to baking.


Garlic Bread: Cut a loaf of french bread in half length wise.In a small bowl mix 1 1/2 Tablespoons of seasoning with 1/2 cup softened butter. Spread evenly onto both halves of the sliced bread

Two baking methods:

soft, buttery style: place both halves back together, wrap loaf in foil and heat in 375° oven 10 minutes or so till butter is melted. Remove from heat, open foil and slice before serving.

toasty version:
Turn oven to broil. place both halves of seasoned bread onto a cookie sheet and bake open face style under a broiler for approx. 2 minutes until golden brown and toasty.
Details
Prep time:  Yield: approx. 1/2 cup\

Here are more great Food Gift Ideas for you to take a look at! 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...