2/17/19

Ragu Simply Sauces

Favorite Features is where I share products that I love and make my life easier! Today I am sharing my love for Ragu Brand Simply Sauces!  I am not getting paid or sponsored in any way to tell you about my Favorite Features I just happen to love them.

Sugar Free Pasta Sauce


Favorite Features, is where I share things that I use and love. I am not receiving any products or incentives. In fact they don't even know I'm writing this! But I sure love them, let me tell you why!

Health is my priority: My husband is a type 1 diabetic. It is extemely difficult to find any kind of tomato based sauce even bbq sauces, ketchups, etc that don't have sugar or high fructose corn syrup as one of the first ingredients. So any brand of sauces that are free from added sugars are going to be something I am going to try. 

Homemade Lasagna using Ragu Simply  Chunky Marinara Sauce

I try and grow my own tomatoes and make and can my own sauces, but this past year, we had so much rain here in Virginia, that my garden was a total bust. So I've run out of my home canned sauces. 

My homemade sauce.... which I'm now out of.

Ingredients I feel good about: I had to go back to store bought. I found the Ragu Simply line, Started with the marinara sauce and then tried the garden vegetable too. They all start  with No added sugars, and 100 % Olive Oil. That 's good for his / my heart. the ingredient lists are basically all the exact same things in my own canned versions!!!   

Here is their ingredient list right from the jar: 
Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Diced Tomatoes In Puree (Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Calcium Chloride, Citric Acid), Sweet Potato, Onions, Olive Oil, Carrots, Salt, Garlic Powder, Dehydrated Onions, Spices.
I LOVE that I can pronounce all of them. The calcium chloride and Citric Acid are food preservatives, of which I am already familiar, and  common in food preserving, and production. and guess what?? everything else is garden fresh in my own gardens (in a good year at least!)

The REAL ENDORSEMENT:  When I served dinner with the Simply Ragu sauce, my husband asked where I found a stash of my own home canned sauce. He loves my homemade sauce, and is sad that we are out. He totally thought it was my own!! I served another dish with the same sauce a week later, and again, he raved on the sauce, and I had to convince him, it wasn't mine! No kidding, this really happened! Like I'd hide a stash of marinara sauce.. (ok I would actually do this, along side a stash of chocolate, but nope.. it's all gone,and it really was the Ragu Simply brand, yummo!)


 Italian Sausage Grinders using Ragu's Simply ChunkyGarden Vegetable


Find The Sauces: They have a variety of sauces and you can find them in your local grocers!

Want to learn more or check out some great recipes using their sauces? Click a link: Recipes  Sauces



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...