7/15/15

How to Turn Leftover Spaghetti Sauce into Chili

Leftovers Night again at my house tonight and I have a bowl of  last nights spaghetti with meat sauce to use up. I can easily freeze it, and I often will make Pizza Subs out of it, but let me show you how to turn it into chili.

chili
The chili can than be served by itself with cornbread, or for chili dogs or burgers, nacho night or more.


Jan's Tip: You can use a store bought packet of chili seasoning, but if you don't have that on hand, you can add your own chili powder and garlic powder  Start with 1 Tablespoon of each and then add more chili powder if you want more kick to it.

Here is how I do it:




Chili from Spaghetti Sauce
Servings: 4-5

Ingredients:
2 cups leftover spaghetti with meat sauce
1 16 oz can Chili seasoned beans
1 packet of chili seasoning (or see my tip above for alternative)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in skillet. Turn heat to medium high  till chili is bubbling. Turn heat down to simmer and let simmer 15 minutes or so. (Just to let all the seasonings marry together)
Serve warm.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...