8/12/15

Peeling Potatoes Trick


If you have followed my blog for awhile you know I detest peeling potatoes. Hate it. I'll avoid it at all costs!  I cook alot with the skins on but once in a while you just can't do that.

Here is one of my tricks for peeling them in once easy swoop. This method works best when using the potatoes for things like potato salad, hash browns or casseroles, where they do not need to be served hot right away.

I started today's post because I set aside a few potatoes from being dehydrated so I could make hash brown casserole to go with our ham for Easter Sunday.

Here is how it works:

Boil potatoes with the skins on till cooked through.
Drain boiling water and place potatoes in refrigerator several hours till cold.
Slice potatoes in half or start to shred them. The peels will slide right off!
Continue preparing potatoes as needed.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...