3/13/16

Nana Lewis' Carrot Cake

Homemade Carrot Cake. Just so divine. With spring and Easter on the horizon, I love to make this cake from my husbands nana. She didn't serve it with cream cheese frosting. I know, I know you are wondering what could be more amazing than homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting?



well... let me tell you. It is when you drizzle over her warm butter rum sauce over each slice that you will truly, truly fall in love.

I have posted her butter rum sauce before, but I have not yet shared her carrot cake recipe to go with it. Till today.
I prefer making it in a bundt pan, but you can make in a 9 x 13 pan as well.
Nana Lewis’ Carrot Cake


Ingredients


3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1  ½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
8 oz can crushed pineapple. (Well drained, save the syrup)
3 eggs well beaten
1 ½ cups vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated raw carrots
Optional: 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts


Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan or 9 x 13 cake pan. (I like using a bundt pan best)
Combine dry ingredients together, add pineapple and mix well.
Add pineapple syrup, oil, vanilla and beaten eggs.  Mix well.
Stir in carrots and nuts.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 1 ½ hours till cake tests done.
If  baked in bundt pan, cool in pan 10 min before removing from pan.


Serve with Nana Lewis’  Butter Rum Sauce rather than cream cheese frosting.
Butter Rum Sauce



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...