10/19/16

Butternut Squash Soup

Week # 3 of "Souper October" brings us to trying something new! I've always wanted to try Butternut Squash Soup. So I decided, I'd make you try it with me!  So I have a new recipe in hand to try!


I did not want to peel and cube up a squash myself, so I picked up a bag of already peeled and cubed butternut squash from the freezer section of the store! hey.. this is what Tip Garden is all about! Time saving ideas! (but I think you can also find them in the fresh produce section too!)

With a BLT sandwich on the side, this would make a lovely autumn / winter lunch in my opinion. This soup is SO lovely! It is smooth, creamy, lighlty sweet, but not too sweet. It is comforting and addicting! I could totally see some crumbled bacon from my BLT  sandwich on top of my soup too! I will be making this again.. and again!

Here's the recipe:
Printable Copy
Butternut Squash Soup

Ingredients:
2 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cubed into chunks. (about 3 cups)
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 Tablespoon sugar (optional)

Directions:

  • Combine squash and broth in a large saucepan and bring to aboil over high heat.
  • Reduce heat to medium and cover. Simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
  • Uncover, remove from heat and cool.
  • Puree squash in blender or food processor.
  • Return squash puree to saucepan and place over medium-low heat.
  • Stir in sour cream, butter, cayenne pepper, salt, white pepper.
  • If squash lacks enough sweetness to your taste, add sugar.
  • Cook soup just until heated through, but not boiling.
  • Ladle into bowls and serve.

serves 6.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...