10/12/16

Kid Friendly "V-8" Chili

This chili recipe is a crowd pleaser with a little heat but not a lot, it's a mild chili on the sweet side too, so it is a bit more family friendly. I love to make this as a "2nd" option on my Game Day Chili Bar when we are feeding a crowd. Plus the crock pot does all the work in this recipe!


Our "Souper October" month continues with week #2. Last week I started with a classic, Creamy Chicken Soup, so this week I decided to throw you a curve ball with a twist in a spicy favorite. Too often chili is just too spicy for the littlest ones in our family or for some mild loving family members in the bunch, and this version is a fantastic one to make as a 2nd chili option for them.

 A few ingredients may surprise you, (I call it V-8 Chili) but trust me, this chili is delicious, and will have people coming back for more!  I have had it in my files forever, someone told me once they think it may be an old pampered chef recipe, but I've never been to one of those parties, so I don't know for sure. All I know is.. It's a great chili recipe to keep on hand!

Jan's tip: totally feel free to play around with the which meats you use and the amount of seasonings, but I would not decrease the liquids as they are needed for the rice to cook properly.

Printable Copy

V-8 Chili 
Ingredients

1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 lb. ground beef
32 oz. can tomato sauce
24 oz. can V-8 juice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 Tbsp. chili powder
14 oz. can stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
2/3 cup brown sugar
14 oz. chili beans
1 oz. chili seasoning packet

Directions:
Brown ground turkey and ground beef. Drain well.
Place all other ingredients into a slow cooker and stir to blend.
Add meat to slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6-9 hours or high 4-5.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...